Clear coatings, also called liquid laminates, are an inexpensive way to protect billboards, prints, fine art, signs, banners, awnings and other products. Liquid laminates are cost-effective, easy to apply, and do not require extensive equipment.
ClearShield® liquid laminates feature the most current innovations in ultraviolet light absorbers and light stabilisers that offer protection for many products. Use liquid laminates for:
• digital inkjet output
• printed and airbrushed products
• traditional signage and graphic art applications
Our clear coatings, ClearShield®, and ClearJet® are premium grade, high-performance products. They are created specially to:
• protect inks from ultraviolet exposure
• protect inks from abrasion and marking
• provide resistance to chemicals and water
ClearShield® laminates can be used with all types of vehicle and fleet graphics. It can be used over pressure sensitive cast and calendared materials, heavy tarpaulins and flex vinyl. The product provides excellent UV resistance as well as abrasion and chemical resistance yet it is flexible enough to go over any rivet or bend you may encounter while installing the graphic.
• Use instead of film laminates
• Contains state-of-the-art UV inhibitors
• High performance
• Highly flexible
• Will not yellow
• Use on digital output: solvent based ink, electrostatic, thermal, pigmented ink (non water-sensitive)
• Excellent for non-water-sensitive inks, media, materials, and products
• Easy clean-up with soap and water
• Available in 3 finishes: Gloss, Matte, Satin
• Available in a 3.79 litre bottle
Use ClearShield® on most substrates, including waterproof canvas, vinyl, banners, fibre glass, wood, metal, plastic, and paper. You can apply it over solvent-based inks and most water-based paint systems.